Talk About Talk Top 3 Communication Insights and Goals
In the most recent episode, The BEST OF Talk About Talk, I looked back at the Top 3 most downloaded episodes of 2021.
(Image: Canva – Sergey Nivens)
Have you listened to these episodes yet?
- Episode #58: Communicate with CONFIDENCE – Mental Preparation
- Episode #86: Introductions – How to INTRODUCE Yourself
- Episode #75: LEADERSHIP – Communicate Like a Boss with Jill Nykoliation
Which episode is your favourite? I’d love to know!
In this episode, I also share my Top 3 COMMUNICATION INSIGHTS and Top 3 COMMUNICATION GOALS for 2022.
Top 3 Communication Insights
These are the things I learned (or that were reinforced for me) this year. The 3 things that I believe can elevate our communication skills.
(Image: Canva – Monkey Business Images)
These are 3 things that I really hope you’ll remember:
1️⃣ The Power of 3’s
- 3 things are generally easy to remember. (Beyond 3? I need to take notes!)
- 3 is not too much, but it’s enough to be substantive.
- Have you ever noticed that a stool with three legs is always in perfect balance?
2️⃣ Keep it Short
- This means being brief and precise in both written and verbal communication.
- Keeping it short helps you to focus and organize your thoughts.
- Keeping it short implicitly communicates that you respect your audience’s time.
- Frameworks like acronyms and lists make it easier for people to remember information.
- Frameworks can help you communicate with confidence!
- Two of the top three most downloaded episodes focused on frameworks
Top 3 Communication Goals
Here are my 3 communication goals for 2022. These goals are a result of insights that I’ve learned over the past year, from my podcast guests, from the reading and research that I’ve done, and from your feedback!
1️⃣ Listen More (and talk less)
- Listening is truly the number one communication superpower.
- The more we listen, the more we can learn.
2️⃣ Be Mindful
- In other words, be focused and purposeful.
- Ask yourself: WHAT I am doing and WHY I am doing it?
3️⃣ Lean Into My Superpower
- Identify something you’re really good at and think about it whenever you need a confidence boost.
- This is something I recommend for my coaching clients, and it’s my goal to take my own advice!
(Image: Canva -mail Monster Ztudio)
I’d love to know which topics resonated the most with you, and which learnings were most impactful.
That’s it for this week! I hope you enjoy the podcast.
As always, if you have any feedback or 💡ideas, please let me know. I ❤️ love hearing from you!
Have a great week.
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach
Most Recent 🎧Podcast Episodes:
TM – Talk About Talk is a registered trademark.
(C) Talk About Talk Inc. 2021, all rights reserved.