In this week’s podcast (podcast #40!), I briefly summarize all of our learnings into “The 19 COMMUNICATION SKILLS We Learned in 2019.”
To come up with this list, I went through the key learnings from the 39 podcast episodes, the weekly email newsletters, and the 5 LinkedIn papers from the past year. To simplify the list, I categorized the learnings as follows:
- The WORDS We Say
- IMPLICIT Communication
- Talking with Specific PEOPLE
- Specific CONTEXTS
- Important META Learnings
So this 24 minute episode is an efficient way for you to review some of the most important communication skills that are sure to catapult your career and enhance your relationships!
Below you will find a written summary with the guest experts and ?episode links.
Thank YOU ?so much, dear reader and listener, for joining me in this journey – and good for you ?for seeking to improve your communication skills. Please keep the feedback and the ideas coming!
ENJOY THE PODCAST!
TALK in 2020,
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach
19 Communication Skills
We Learned in 2019
THE WORDS WE SAY
1. Mastering Our WORDS
- LANGUAGE – Dr. Josep González – Polyglot & TFS Head of School
- SPECIFIC WORDS – Graeme Harris – P.R. Expert
2. A.I. Affects Our Communication
4. The Power of MANTRAS
- Ellen Auster – Strategy Professor & author
- Tosca Reno – wellness guru & Eat Clean founder
- Sandy Jobin-Bevans – improv comedian & actor
5. Implicit Communication is SIGNIFICANT
& it Goes Beyond BODY LANGUAGE & Our VOICE
TALKING WITH SPECIFIC PEOPLE
6. Talking With Our KIDS
7. Talking With Our DOCTOR
8. Supporting Our GRIEVING FRIENDS
9. Communicating With NEGATIVE PEOPLE
11. Reading & Writing REVIEWS
12. TABOO Topics
13. GOING ONSTAGE WITH CONFIDENCE
- 5 Things You Can Do to Communicate with Confidence
14. SOCIAL MEDIA
IMPORTANT META LEARNINGS
16. Four Ways We Want to be PERCEIVED
17. The Significance of LISTENING
The ABCDE’s of Communication: “E” = “Use your Ears” LISTEN!
18. The Significance of STORIES
19. You Are What You SAY
3 Most Recent ?Podcast Episodes:
Were you forwarded this email from a friend?
? SUBSCRIBE to the email blog NOW
Please share this email with a friend!
© 2019 Talk About Talk – All rights reserved