“Are you an INTROVERT or an EXTROVERT?”
This introvert or extrovert Q is question #3 of the five rapid-fire questions that I ask Talk About Talk podcast guests:
- What are your pet peeves?
- What type of learner are you?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- What’s your media preference for personal conversations?
- What podcasts or email newsletters do you recommend?
***NOTE: Many people assume that “introverts are shy” and “extroverts are outgoing.” This is an over-simplification, and in fact, it can be wrong!
Knowing where you sit on the INTROVERSION–EXTROVERSION scale can help you:
- improve your communication effectiveness
- manage your energy
- be more productive
- understand other people around you – both personally & professionally
In this week’s Talk About Talk podcast episode, we focus on the INTROVERT–EXTROVERT scale. Read on to learn all about introverts, extroverts, and ambiverts!
Are You an INTROVERT or an EXTROVERT?
It’s not always true that “introverts are shy” and “extroverts are outgoing.” Instead, focus on whether you are INTERNALLY or EXTERNALLY focused in terms of your ATTENTION and your ENERGY.
- …are externally focused
- …prefer to focus their attention on the external, outer world of people and things. They also:
- are action-oriented
- seek breadth
- prefer frequent interaction
- …derive their energy from socializing, and research shows extroverts crave social stimuli. Solitude depletes their energy.
- …are internally focused
- …prefer to focus their attention on their inner world – of ideas and images. They also:
- are thought-oriented
- seek depth
- prefer substantive interaction
- …derive their energy from solitude, deplete their energy from socializing
- More on introverts in this book “QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking” by Susan Cain.
What if I’m BOTH?
There’s a word for that, for being in the middle of the introversion-extroversion scale. Do you know what it is?
So, are you an INTROVERT, an EXTROVERT, or an AMBIVERT? I hope you ENJOY THE PODCAST!
🌐 Click HERE to listen directly on the Talk About Talk website
🎧 Click HERE to listen on your favourite podcast player
📄 Click HERE to read the printable shownotes
Please forward this email to anyone who might like to learn about their personality and communication skills. Thank you!
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach
Most Recent 🎧Podcast Episodes:
📩 Let’s talk
Email Andrea your ideas & feedback