How to Introduce Yourself
Do you know how to INTRODUCE YOURSELF? When you’re in a meeting and the meeting leader says,
“Let’s take a moment
to briefly introduce ourselves.
I’ll go first…”
…does your head start spinning?
- Perhaps you get tongue-tied when you’re introducing yourself?
- Maybe you get distracted by “that guy “ whose self-introduction lasts way too long (does he really think he’s that important?)
- Perhaps you worry about missing an opportunity to mention something that you should’ve said?
Introduce Yourself: Your 3 Point Framework
The 3 points are “Present – Past – Future.” Please note:
- these 3 points are not in chronological order
- this is a framework, not a script
- Establish who you are
- “My name is _____and I am_________.”
- This is your opportunity to highlight your expertise or your passion
- Highlight your relevant past experience
- Previously I ___ (worked as…, led the…, earned my…)_”
- This is your opportunity to establish credibility
- Ideally an immediate future statement
- “I’m looking forward to_(learning more…, kicking off…, working together…)__”
- This is your opportunity to express enthusiasm for what’s next.
PRESENT – PAST – FUTURE.
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach