Communication Insights from Dave Jackson
Ever since I started podcasting, I’ve been listening to Dave Jackon and his School of Podcasting. Dave has been podcasting since 2005 and he was inducted into the Podcasting Hall of Fame in 2018. He is the author of “Profit from Your Podcast,” and he has launched over 30 different podcasts with over 4 million downloads.
Dave Jackson is a pro!
A few months ago, I had the honour of being a guest expert on The School of Podcasting episode #765 focused on Personal Branding for Podcasters.
It occurred to me that Dave might have a few things to share with us about COMMUNICATION SKILLS. So in this week’s episode, you’ll hear my interview of Dave!
Read on to learn:
- 3 important communication insights for ALL of us
- what a 🚌 bus has to do with communication skills
- who Dave emulates when he walks out on stage, and his mantra…🎸🎸
Let’s do this!
3 Communication Insights from Dave Jackson for ALL OF US!
1). TELL US WHERE YOU’RE HEADED
- Whether you’re running a meeting, giving a speech, or hosting a podcast episode, start by telling your audience why they’re there. Start with the punch line.
unless they know where it’s headed!
- When you share a little bit about yourself, your audience advances from knowing you, to liking you, to trusting you.
by sharing personal stories.
- We all have imposter syndrome! (Yes, even Dave Jackson!)
- A few confidence hacks:
- practice (!)
- adopt a new mindset: remind yourself that you don’t have to be the world’s greatest expert – you just have to know more than your audience!
- act confident
- emulate someone else’s confidence
- adopt a mantra
Dave Jackson emulates David Lee Roth when he goes onstage,
and his mantra is “It’s Showtime!” 🎸🎸🎸
Thanks to Dave Jackson!
ENJOY THE PODCAST!
🌐 Click HERE to listen directly on the Talk About Talk website
🎧 Click HERE to listen on your favourite podcast player
📄 Click HERE to read the printable shownotes
One of Dave’s suggestions is for us to confidently ask our audience to share our products – whether it’s a podcast, a social media post, or a newsletter. So…
Please forward this email to anyone who might like to learn about COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach
Most Recent 🎧Podcast Episodes:
#79 – How to Use STORYTELLING to Elevate Your Communication
#78 – PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Upskilling to Propel Your Career with Cherry Siu
📧 Subscribe to this Communication Skills NEWSLETTER
🎧 Subscribe to the Talk About Talk PODCAST
📩 Let’s talk
Email Andrea your ideas & feedback
© 2021 Talk About Talk – All rights reserved