PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ANDREA & MORE….
- My top 3 podcast recommendations
- Podcast listening tips & facts
- My podcasting question for you.
Let’s do this!
Andrea’s Top 3 Podcast Recommendations
I listen to a lot of podcasts when I’m getting ready in the morning, when I’m walking or driving, when I’m putting away groceries…
Here are 3 of my favourites that I hope you too will enjoy:
- Tech journalist Kara Swisher and NYU marketing prof Scott Galloway banter about technology, business, politics and predictions in this twice-a-week podcast.
- I always feel a little smarter and more up-to-date after listening. I love how they hold no prisoners. Kara and Scott frequently tease each other and they aren’t afraid to criticize billionaires, particularly Mark Zuckerberg!
- Fantastic interviews with inspiring business leaders.
- I like to pick & choose which episodes I listen to, based on the guest and topic. Two excellent recent episodes include interviews with Anne Wojcicki (23&Me) and with Ursula Bruns (Xerox). If you enjoy these, you might also like HBR Women at Work.
- This partnership between NPR and TEDTalks has to be fantastic, right? This is your chance to learn about important topics from top thinkers, curated by Ted. Check out recent episodes on breathing and on art and creativity.
- A few of my other favourite NPR podcasts include FRESH AIR (with my favourite host, Terry Gross) and HOW I BUILT THIS (inspiring stories about entrepreneurs).
Those podcast recommendations should keep you busy!
PODCAST LISTENING TIPS & FACTS
1. “I don’t have time to listen to podcasts.” YES YOU DO!
- One of the main differentiators of podcasts versus other media sources is that you can multi-task.
- 90% of our podcasting listening is done at HOME. You can listen to a podcast while you:
- get ready in the morning
- make a meal
- put away the groceries
- clean the house
- Outside of the house, you can listen while you:
- wall the dog
- go for a run
- drive your car
- take public transit
2. Yes, there’s podcast that’s perfect for you!
- Did you know that there are >2 million podcasts and >48 million episodes available? WOW!
- Awhile ago, there was a lot of buzz about true crime being the fastest-growing podcast genre. According to this research, comedy is now the most popular podcasting genre, followed by education and news.
- Listening to podcasts is a great way to learn something. But podcasts can also entertain. Try a fiction podcast series. Or some comedy!
3. Call then “podcast players” or listening apps.” There are so many ways to listen!
- According to this source, the top 5 podcast listening apps are:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- If you’re not 100% happy with your podcast player, I encourage you to explore. Most podcast players are FREE. Here’s a list of 25 podcast players, along with links.
QUESTION FOR YOU:
Please forward this email to anyone who might like to learn about PODCASTS and COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
Chief Talker & Communication Coach
Most Recent 🎧Podcast Episodes:
#79 – How to Use STORYTELLING to Elevate Your Communication
#78 – PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Upskilling to Propel Your Career with Cherry Siu
📩 Let’s talk
Email Andrea your ideas & feedback
© 2021 Talk About Talk – All rights reserved