A few months ago I received a message from a Talk About Talk podcast listener in Europe, who decided she could benefit from communication coaching.
Little did I know that our work together would inspire a future podcast episode, but you just never know when those “aha moments” are going to happen…
Image by marchmeena29 from Getty Images Pro
The woman who reached out to me was Nataša Obermajer, an oncology researcher in Belgium, and truly one of the most exceptional people I’ve had the pleasure of coaching.
In one of our recent 1-on-1 coaching sessions, Nataša shared her realization that by focusing on her COMMUNICATION SKILLS, and in particular, her PERSONAL BRAND, she’s able to amplify the impact of her work.
If that’s not a ringing endorsement for the power of
Personal Branding, I don’t know what is!
In this week’s Talk About Talk episode, you’ll hear directly from Nataša about how focusing on Personal Branding has allowed her to be more effective in her work in developing novel therapies for cancer patients.
You’ll also learn:
- 2 reasons why many people DON’T develop their Personal Brand
- develop your Personal Brand reasons why you SHOULD
- a list of RESOURCES to help you get started!
Personal Branding: What’s stopping you?
There are two main reasons why many people don’t get around to working on their Personal Brand:
1️⃣ IT DOESN’T FEEL URGENT
We know that your Personal Brand is important, yet it doesn’t always feel like a priority. And so it falls down on our to-do list.
2️⃣ THE BENEFITS ARE UNCERTAIN
When you’re not quite sure how Personal Branding will benefit you, it’s easy to let it fall by the wayside.
As Nataša’s story demonstrates, there’s plenty of value in taking the time to prioritize your Personal Brand…
3 BENEFITS of Personal Branding
Based on my experiences developing my own Personal Brand, and coaching people like Nataša to develop theirs, I can think of three main reasons why you should invest the time in developing your Personal Brand:
1️⃣ It’s an opportunity to CREATE YOUR OWN NARRATIVE
– If you don’t do it yourself, someone else will create it for you!
2️⃣ It provides you with CONFIDENCE
– And when you communicate with confidence, you are perceived as more credible.
3️⃣ It optimizes your DECISION MAKING AND FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
– Exciting opportunities will find their way to you when you are perceived as the “go-to” person in your field.
5 Personal Branding RESOURCES
Are you ready to work on your Personal Brand but aren’t sure where to start? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!
First, consider the following:
- your budget
- whether you prefer individual or group learning
- your media and learning preferences
Then, consider this list of 5 types of Personal Branding resources:
🎧 Podcast Episodes
- They’re free!
- All of Talk About Talk’s previous podcast episodes are available online. Some of my favourite Personal Branding episodes are #84, #71, #77, #68, and #90.
- You can also check out the archive of episode shownotes for more learning. The shownotes for episode 98 also list these resources with links.
💻 Blog Newsletters
- The newsletters are also free!
- Check out the Talk About Talk newsletter archive for useful tips on developing and managing your Personal Brand.
👩💻 Online Course
- Check out my brand new online course, “5 Steps to Nail Your Personal Brand“!
- This is a step-by-step course that lets you learn at your own pace, with 10 videos, a comprehensive workbook, quizzes and more.
- If you sign up before April 28, you’ll receive a BONUS LIVE group coaching and Q&A session with me!
🏢 Corporate Workshop
- Great for those who prefer to learn in a group setting.
- Your employer may cover the cost for a group of folks at your firm.
👥 1-on-1 Coaching
- The most customized and intensive learning available through Talk About Talk.
- Many employers cover the cost of communication skills coaching as continued professional development.
- Please book me for a free 20 minute consult if you’re interested in learning more.
That’s it for this week! Listen to The Power of PERSONAL BRANDING to learn more about:
- Why it’s essential to create your own narrative before someone else does it for you!
- How your Personal Brand can help you counteract that “crow on your shoulder” (thank you, Judith!)
- How to become the “go-to” person in your field.
Please forward this article to your friends who might like help with their communication skills and their personal brand. Thank you.
Most Recent 🎧Podcast Episodes:
Subscribe to the Communication Skills NEWSLETTER
Learn about 1-on-1 COACHING with Andrea,
or schedule a free 20-minute consult.
Check out ONLINE CORPORATE WORKSHOPS with Andrea!