People are TALKING...
“I recently attended Andrea's Personal Branding workshops. Incredibly empowering sessions - teaching you to identify and embrace your uniqueness whilst learning how to harness these attributes as your own personal super power. The stuff they don't teach you as you're climbing up the corporate ladder. Andrea is a highly motivating and engaging facilitator and if you get the chance to work with her, seize it with both hands!” (Lorna Mode, chief of staff, global financial advisory, Deloitte)
“I highly recommend Andrea for anyone who wants to nail their personal brand and learn how to communicate it to the world. The process Andrea created unlocked my confidence to share who I am, what I care about, and most importantly how I can help clients. The best part was I think Andrea was genuinely more excited about my success than I am. She is truly in my corner, cheering me on.” (Lindsey Boyle, founder Circular Citizen)
"Andrea, thank you for a terrific job yesterday. The staff got a ton of good value out of it. Your “super powers" are your honesty, mindfulness and caring to learning. This was one of the best learning sessions our team has ever had.” (Marc Inkol, president Explorer Research)
"I've used Andrea's communication skills advice to help with my confidence. I've also taught some of her content to my staff to help them become better communicators. Great resource!" (Dan, Chicago)
About Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
In the early days of her career, Andrea would wing-it in meetings and stutter nervously onstage. ("Andrea, your face is as red as your hair! Are you ok?") Fast-forward to today: she loves public speaking, teaching, and podcasting!
Andrea attributes this transformation to two things: practice and her insatiable desire to learn. Over the years, she managed a toy store, marketed cheese, earned a black belt, painted seascapes, started a book club, and taught MBA students. Andrea earned her Doctorate of Business Administration (Marketing) from Harvard Business School, where her dissertation focused on consumer psychology and word-of-mouth. (She's still obsessed with understanding why you said whatever you just said!)
Andrea created Talk About Talk to help ambitious executives boost their confidence and improve their communication skills through 1-on-1 coaching, online courses, a weekly newsletter, and a bi-weekly podcast. You can learn more about the books she recommends and the podcasting resources she uses to make it all happen - see below. Andrea would love to talk!
The Newsletter: Free Communication Skills Coaching!
Every week, you'll receive one email from Dr. Andrea Wojnicki focused on an important element of communication skills. It's free, no spam, and never more than once per week.
I read a lot of non-fiction and I’m often asked for book recommendations. People also ask me what equipment I use to produce to the Talk About Talk podcast. I’m happy to share my recommendations!
3 things about this list:
- I've personally used or read every item on this list and I recommend it! (If I’m not delighted, it’s not on the list!)
- For a few of these products, if you click on the link and purchase the product, I will receive a small “affiliate” commission. That does not affect the price you pay.
- If you have questions about any of these recommendations, just ask. Let’s talk!
Andrea's Favorite Books
- The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker (linguistics)
- The Stuff of Thought by Steven Pinker (linguistics)
- How You Say It by Katherine Kinzler (psychology)
- Because Internet by Gretchen McCulloch (linguistics)
- Make Noise by Eric Nuzum (podcasting)
- Insight by Tasha Eurich (self awareness)
- Personal History by Katherine Graham (autobiography)
- Podcast hosting: Blubrry (use code "blubrry-talk" for 1 month free!)
- Free audio editing software: Audacity
- Free transcription Software: Otter.ai
- Free Photo Images: Unsplash
- Headphones with microphone: Audio Technica
- Portable recorder: H4N Pro
- Microphones: Audio Technica
- Original music and sound production: Brian Campbell
- Andrea's Favorite Podcasts: WorkLife with Adam Grant, PIVOT with Kara Swisher & Scott Galloway, NPR podcasts: Fresh Air with Terry Gross, How I Built This with Guy Raz, Hidden Brain, Planet Money, Ted Radio Hour ,...