ARCHETYPES are shared, universal patterns that help us understand characters and stories. We employ archetypes in both our consumption (of stories, movies, music) and our communication – of ourselves, our experiences and our brands. Learn about the stages in the hero’s journey and 12 common archetypes, one of which may describe you and/or your brand. This is episode one of a two-part podcast series on ARCHETYPES.
- “Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 9 (Part 1): Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious” – https://amzn.to/3icyIns
- “The hero and the outlaw: Building extraordinary brands through the power of archetypes” Margaret Mark & & Carol Pearson – https://amzn.to/38bkU7V
- “Awakening the Heroes Within” Carol Pearson – https://amzn.to/31sOpkg
- *** 12 Common Archetypes Summary (one-pager PDF): https://talkabouttalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ARCHETYPES-Summary.pdf
- Joseph Campbell & The Hero’s Journey Summary – http://www.movieoutline.com/articles/the-hero-journey-mythic-structure-of-joseph-campbell-monomyth.html
- Star Wars – https://thescriptlab.com/features/screenwriting-101/12309-the-heros-journey-breakdown-star-wars/
- Mothers in Disney movies –https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roles_of_mothers_in_Disney_media#
- 6 well-known stories – https://venngage.com/blog/heros-journey/
- Ernest Dichter & brand archetypes – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Dichter
Talk About Talk & Dr. Andrea Wojnicki
- “Storytelling” with Harvard professor & author Jerry Zaltman – https://talkabouttalk.com/11-storytelling-with-harvard-professor-author-jerry-zaltman/
- Email – Andrea@TalkAboutTalk.com
- Free Communication Coaching via the weekly Email Blog – https://talkabouttalk.com/blog/#newsletter-signup
- Website – https://talkabouttalk.com
THANKS for listening – and READING!
Stay safe. And TALK SOON!
- Web: https://talkabouttalk.com/
- FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2512948625658629/
- Email: Andrea@TalkAboutTalk.com
***When referencing resources and products, TalkAboutTalk sometimes uses affiliate links. These links don’t impose any extra cost on you, and they help support the free content provided by Talk About Talk.